A fantastic opportunity for a data-driven, analytical person with an eye for detail and a love of books
Independent publisher Scribe UK is seeking a Sales and Metadata Assistant to join our small, dynamic team based in Bloomsbury, with a list that includes prize-winning and bestselling authors. You may have some experience in publishing or bookselling already, or you may be moving across from a different industry. Whatever your experience, you will be looking to start or build on a career in publishing sales.
We are looking for an enthusiastic self-starter who is commercially minded. This job is ideal for someone who enjoys problem-solving and is adept at navigating different systems, but who also has a creative and curious side. You should be comfortable handling data and familiar with Microsoft Excel, but you do not need to have a degree or know how to code. Training will be provided, but you will be expected to take an active interest in industry best practice and proactively research new ways to sell more of our books online.
Duties will include:
* Maintaining and updating Scribe's internal database.
* Drafting enhanced metadata, such as optimised copy and keywords.
* Initiating new metadata projects and measuring their impact.
* Checking ONIX feeds.
* Managing Scribe's Amazon Advantage account, including correcting errors, issuing takedown notices for competing editions of Scribe titles, and uploading A+ pages.
* Sending round sales and stock reports.
* Processing direct orders.
* Processing website sales.
* Filling in sales spreadsheets and generating AIs.
* Submitting for ebook promotions.
This is a full-time position at £24,000 per annum with a three-month probationary period, starting at the end of April and reporting to the Managing Director. Office hours are 10am-6pm with a one-hour paid lunch break.
To apply, send your CV and covering letter to Molly Slight at email@example.com by 18 March, with the subject line "Sales and Metadata Assistant application".