£ competitive - London - permanent - full time
Northbank Talent Management is a fast growing, full service literary and talent agency based in central London representing writers, thought leaders and broadcasters across all media throughout the world. We are looking for an ambitious, commercially minded team player to head up our fiction business. This represents an exciting opportunity to shape a key area of the business whilst the company is in a rapid growth phase. The successful candidate will have unrivalled knowledge of the commercial fiction market, most likely as an agent, commissioning editor or bookseller.
Key responsibilities include:
● Developing Northbank's list of commercial adult fiction clients with the aim of making the agency into one of the leading commercial fiction agencies in the industry.
● Submitting material to publishers and negotiating publishing deals for such clients' work intended for print and audio volume form in all languages and territories (previous experience of selling foreign rights not required).
● Building and maintaining relationships with publishers, subagents, scouts and other relevant third parties throughout the world in order to maintain a keen sense of the marketplace.
● Staying on top of current trends, analysing sales figures and developing an awareness of revenue distribution across the commercial fiction market.
● Producing realistic month by month, annual and five year financial forecasts for the agency’s fiction business.
● Contributing strategic ideas towards the overall growth of the company.
Please send covering email and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, 7 November.