Midas PR is the leading independent agency in publishing and the arts. We are looking for a motivated books publicist to join our PR publicity team to work across a range of books and publishing campaigns.
This is an exciting opportunity for a brilliant publicist looking for the next career step. You will get the opportunity to work across genres and publishers and also cross-industry initiatives.
You will be delivering creative and impactful publicity campaigns for Midas PR's publishing clients including titles and author profile raising. You will need to build strong relationships with media (print, broadcast and online) to promote brands and authors. Our clients include Books Are My Bag, The London Book Fair, Henley Festival and Cheltenham Festival of Literature. Authors include Peter James, Bruce Parry, Amanda Owen and Charlie Boorman.
Knowledge, skills and experience
* Proven track record of book publicity campaigns, minimum 2/3 years' book publicity experience
* Flexibility to work on book campaigns across genres and publishers, as well as cross industry initiatives
* Motivated and passionate about books and publishing
* Excellent writing and communication skills
* Strong contacts within media and familiarity with PR through traditional and social media
* Strong organisational and event management skills
The role is a full-time permanent position, based at Midas PR, George House, 61 Kensington Church St, Kensington, London W8 4BA. Midas PR offers a competitive salary and benefits. Please contact Nicola Green at Midas PR in the first instance - firstname.lastname@example.org.