The London Book Fair is seeking a Sales Executive and Sales Manager. The role reports to the Head of Sales, and is based in Richmond
The London Book Fair (LBF) is the global marketplace for rights negotiation and the sale and distribution of content across print, audio, TV, film and digital channels. Taking place every spring in the world's premier publishing and cultural capital, this landmark event is an opportunity to explore, understand and capitalise on the innovations shaping the publishing world of the future.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sales Executive and a Sales Manager to join the team. You will be a highly motivated and enthusiastic manager with strong sales experience. You will have a proven track record of managing and retaining existing accounts, new business development, maximising sponsorship sales (including online and e-revenues). Experience within exhibitions would be an advantage but is not essential.
* Generate revenue through face to face and telephone selling.
* Actively seek out and follow through on new prospects from all relevant sources (trade journals, competitive events etc) and actively source and develop new business areas relevant to the event.
* Improve retention and growth of the existing business through strategic account management
* Develop robust sales strategies to counteract competitive events
* Joint responsibility for all sectors of the event including sales planning, campaign management, forecasting, and achieving the sales target.
* Preparation of annual show specific sales plans and use market knowledge to input into the overall strategic direction of the show
* Maintain effective relationships with: Overseas agents ensuring that they are fully briefed on show details. Regularly monitor their revenue generation for your show and escalate any issues as appropriate; trade associations, either as a strategic partner and/or as a RXUK customer
* Build long term-term and sustainable relationships to maximise client retention
* Fully understand the show model
* Communicate across all disciplines (marketing, operations (including floor planning),PR, hosted buyers) to ensure market intelligence is shared in order to maximise on potential opportunities
* Accurately and efficiently manage the sales dashboard on salesforce.com, the sales pipeline and floor plan
* Maintain and update salesforce.com with relevant contacts, notes and market intelligence
* Monitor and plan own sales activity using salesforce.com and regularly monitor the sales pipeline accordingly
* Work with marketing to manage the entire sales promotion campaign ensuring targeted, timely and appropriate communications are sent out to the prospect/exhibitor base. Full management of campaigns and tracking of sales plan effectiveness
* Work closely with the Marketing team and Exhibition Director to develop targeted exhibitor and visitor promotional campaigns according the sales plan
* Have a creative approach with a keen eye on revenue generation from show related and non-show related activities and participate in adhoc business projects as required
* Attend Reed Exhibitions events and competitor, industry and trade association events (both domestically and internationally) thereby obtaining industry and market intelligence, maintaining and creating new relationships, expanding the database and prospecting for new business.
* Write sales reports as required
* Work with finance on debt collection pre and post show
Ideal candidate profile:
A target driven and enthusiastic sales professional who can demonstrate the following:
* Strong sales experience in a relevant environment (exhibitions, publishing, etc. but exhibitions would be preferable) with a track record in generating new business
* Proven experience in consultative and value led selling, negotiating and objection handling, maximising revenue from existing and new customers by demonstrating innovation and creativity in ideas
* Proven experience in international sales and tailoring the selling style to reflect cultural etiquette
* An ability to assimilate and practice key account management principles
* An ability to build long-term, sustainable and profitable relationships with customers
* Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels
* Strong written and oral communication skills, including presentations and report writing
* Empathy and understanding of other cultures within a commercial context
* Experience in developing Sales Strategies
* Ability to assess and explain the long term impact of new practices by undertaking a high level of analysis to assess risk
* Keen eye for development of additional revenue opportunities outside of pure stand sales
About Reed Exhibitions
Reed Exhibitions is the world's leading events organiser, with over 500 events in 30 countries. In 2015 Reed brought together over seven million event participants from around the world generating billions of dollars in business. Today Reed events are held throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa and organised by 40 fully staffed offices. Reed Exhibitions serves 43 industry sectors with trade and consumer events. It is part of the RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
If this position interests you or you know someone it would, please send written applications to email@example.com with a covering letter and your salary expectations. Or you can apply online at www.reedexpo.com.
Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to respond to all applications individually. Therefore, if you are not contacted by the company within the next three weeks, we regret to advise that your application has been unsuccessful.
WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING CVs FROM AGENCIES. THEREFORE IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY TO US OR VISIT OUR WEBSITE AND APPLY ONLINE.