We are looking for a part time Key Account sales manager to join our dynamic sales and marketing team
Salary: £30-35k pa pro rata, commensurate with experience.
Position: Part time permanent - three days a week.
Closing date: Midday, 1 June
Interviews: 13/14 June
Applications: please send a full CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by deadline date.
Inpress is the leading sales and marketing agency for independent literary publishers, offering print and ebook representation to the book trade and supplying publisher business development. Working with 50 of the UK's most vibrant and innovative independent publishers, Inpress achieved an 80% increase in 2017-18 and has ambitious targets for the forthcoming years. A team of five works from our Newcastle office to deliver our publisher services, with a team of five freelance sales reps covering the UK and Ireland and freelance reps for the international markets. Until now, the Key Account role has been a freelance position; as part of our growth plans, we are now bringing that role in-house.
Inpress is funded by Arts Council England and is a National Portfolio Organisation with funding confirmed until 2022. NBNi provide the warehousing and distribution for our publishers.
We are looking for a part time Key Account sales manager to join our dynamic sales and marketing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining and increasing sales turnover across the entire book trade, with a major focus on key accounts. They will manage key customer, publisher and rep relationships and work closely with the Managing Director and Sales and Marketing Executive to achieve our growth plans. The successful candidate does not have to be based in the Newcastle office, but regular visits will be essential.
* To out-perform sales targets and generate sales growth for Inpress member publishers
* To manage the freelance sales team
* To maintain and develop excellent relationships with Inpress member publishers
* To manage the relationship between the company and its key customers in the UK trade market.
* Focus on new title sales, preparing a sales strategy for all NYP titles
* Working with the sales and marketing exec, ensure title information is received in time for key presentations and deadlines
* To develop relationships with public libraries
* Organise and deliver two successful sales conferences per year
* Proven experience in key account management and business development
* Proven experience of achieving sales budgets and targets
* Good relationships with retailers across the UK book trade
* Ability to confidently communicate, present and negotiate on all levels
* Self-motivator with ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
* Genuine interest in literary fiction/non-fiction and poetry
* Knowledge of International markets
* Achieve agreed overall trade sales targets
* Excellent and improved sales and business relationships with targeted customers
* Timely production of sales information for different segments of the market
Inpress is an equal opportunities employer; we welcome applications from any individual regardless of ethnic origin, gender, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation or age. All applications will be considered on merit.