BookBlast is offering a six-month internship (possibility of being extended) starting on 2 July 2018
The internship requires a commitment of one day per week, possibly rising to two, @ seven hours per day based off Ladbroke Grove W10. The minimum hourly wage, plus reasonable transport costs - from in or a reasonable distance from London - will be paid for by BookBlast on receiving receipts and invoice. Responsible to: the Company Director, Georgia de Chamberet.
DESCRIPTION | Key Responsibilities
* To provide administrative duties in support of the BookBlast 10x10 Tour (autumn 2018) in association with Waterstones involving use of Excel spreadsheets, word, outlook
* To boost brand awareness & promote BookBlast to new, relevant audiences on social media channels Twitter, Facebook, Instagram; select compelling images from the BookBlast database and archives as well as the public domain for use in social media posts; research online communities and engage potential readers/followers
* To support the delivery of online journal The BookBlast Diary's promotion of independent trade publishing as required (launched in February 2016) and write occasional book reviews or other appropriate content depending on experience
* To research new clients requiring French-English commercial translation services (fashion, retail, sport, health, tourism) via LinkedIn
* Demonstrable interest in journalism, international literature, publishing, communications (preferably holding a BA in journalism, communications, English, or similar field)
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and proofreading abilities
* Excellent organisational and administrative skills and attention to detail
* Demonstrable experience using Tweetdeck, Facebook tools, Instagram, Hootsuite
* Experience with Microsoft Office, WordPress, Adobe Photoshop
* Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
* Some knowledge of book publishing
To apply, please send a cover letter, CV, and a writing sample of 250-500 words to firstname.lastname@example.org with “BookBlast Intern” in the subject line. No calls please.
BookBlast was established in 1997 and is a London-based agency for editors and translators which grew out of BookBlast originally being an authors' agency. We also manage several literary estates.
Online journal The BookBlast Diary showcases independent trade publishing and writing from France.
The trademark BookBlast/bookblast was registered in the UK and USA in Classes 35 and 41 in 2009.
The first www.bookblast.com website went live in September 2000. It was selected by the curators of Electronic Archives and Manuscripts at the Bodleian Libraries, Oxford, in March 2015, as being of lasting research value and worthy of permanent preservation in their digital archives.