The Book Marketing Society is seeking a part time Admin Assistant. The role is based in central London
Closing date for applications: 6 September 2017
Contact (e-mail): firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: central London
About the role
A role ideally suited to anyone with a passion for books and publishing or who just relishes an organisational challenge!
The Book Marketing Society (BMS), a membership organisation for marketers within the book industry, is looking for someone to work about 10 hours per week as an administrator to help run the Society; the work could be done over one and a half days a week or several part days.
The role will require working closely with the part-time Executive Director, Jon Slack, Nielsen Account Manager, Annie Woodfield, and Jo Henry, founder of the BMS and VP of Insight & Analytics for Nielsen Book.
The successful candidate will be highly organised, self-sufficient, flexible and reliable. A knowledge of email marketing systems, some experience of loading content onto websites and managing social media accounts would be an advantage.
The duties will encompass the following:
* Updating the BMS website and Facebook page on a regular basis with news about forthcoming events, meetings, Awards and relevant information
* Putting out a call for submissions from the membership for three seasonal Best Marketing Campaign Awards a year and helping organise judges, submission packs and refreshments for these meetings. Organising an Annual Awards judging meeting, including liaison with judges, preparing submissions packs and ordering refreshments.
* Working with the BMS Management committee to provide back-up for 6 BMS Members Meetings a year, including collating speaker presentations, preparing Award certificates, putting together Award overview slides, preparing a press release etc.
* Helping organise two BMS Advisory Committee meetings a year.
* Helping the BMS Social Committee with administration and management of 2-3 social events a year
* Helping organise and execute a number of training events during the year including booking rooms, ordering refreshments, managing speakers, collating presentations etc: 1 Primer Marketing Day; 4-5 half day Masterclasses and Workshops
* Drafting, scripting and sending a monthly mailing list to membership via the Adestra email programme
* Keeping the membership list up to date
Salary: £12 per hour
Starting date: September 2017
Please note: we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis and reserve the right to close the application process early if enough suitable applications are received.